What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
To understand the true meaning of SEO, let’s break the definition into three parts:
Quality of Traffic: You can attract all the users in the world, but if they are visiting your website because Google tells them and you is a person dealing in Apple computers while you are a farmer selling apples than it is not quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract customers who show genuine interest in the products that you offer.
Quantity of Traffic: Once you have the quality of people clicking search engine results pages (SERP), you will receive a quantity of traffic too.
Organic Result: Ads contribute a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic stands for any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
General tasks that are associated with SEO include creating high-quality content, optimizing content around specific keywords, and building backlinks.
How SEO Works?
Now that we’ve given information about what is SEO, let’s understand how it works. For SEO to work for you and your blog or website, it should be search engine friendly, meaning that, your site should be fast enough, accessible to mobile, has well analyzed and high-quality content that users find helpful. That’s how Google bot will crawl and index your pages faster.
It will help in improving your rankings for search engines. For example, Google uses an algorithm to search or analyze your website or blog content. Then the search engine crawler will give a performance score according to its research of your site.
The role of SEO in this regard is that it sends a signal to Google bot and other search engines like Yahoo, Bing, and tells them your blog is excellent for indexing.
Types of SEO
To make it easier, the SEO industry has come with different types of SEO which are:
Technical SEO involves changes that are mostly available to your users and usually don’t affect the content in any way. These include various techniques that ensure that the search engines spiders can easily crawl and index your site more effectively.
Things that may fall under technical SEO include optimization like making your site faster and function well on mobile devices.
Optimizing the robots.txt files, Meta robots tags, sitemaps, Google search console, and others can also be considered as parts of technical SEO.
On-page, SEO stands for the optimization that occurs on the website itself.
The most important part is that it involves making sure that the website content is of exceptionally high quality, and that provides a valuable answer to people’s questions and queries.
Technical SEO belongs in this category, because it mostly involves changes on the website itself.
Here are common types of on-page SEO techniques:
1.Title tags: Having descriptive and interesting titles with keywords can help your rankings and click-through rate from the search engine results page.
2. Meta descriptions: Good Meta descriptions can help you get more clicks from the search engines.
3. URL Structure: Having clean and descriptive URLs can also help improve your site’s appearance in the search results.
4. Heading tags: Using h1, h2, and h3 heading tags to organize your text into logical sections.
5. Sitemaps: Having XML sitemaps can help the search engines discover all of your pages.
6. Image Alt tag: It is considered standard SEO practice to add descriptive alt tags to images.
7. Schema: By adding schema, you help the search engine understand more about your content. By utilizing schema, you are giving context to its relevance. Schema is used for blog article and business websites.
8. Keywords: Keywords are ideas and topics that define what your content is about. In terms of SEO, they are the words and phrases that enter into search engines into “search queries.
9. Image Optimization: Optimizing images is about reducing the files of your images as much as possible without sacrificing quality so that your page load time remains low. Getting your product images and decorative images to rank on Google and other image search engines is image optimization in SEO.
Off-page SEO refers to the techniques used for your website to impact your rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs).
Enhancing for off-page site ranking factors involves improved search engines and user perception of the site’s popularity, relevance, and authority.
This is accomplished by reputable places on the Internet like pages, sites, people etc. linking to or promoting websites and effectively vouching for the quality of your content.
Here are a few common types of off-page SEO techniques:
1. Social Bookmark: Social bookmarking sites are one of the best platforms to promote your website. When you bookmark your webpage or blog post on popular bookmarking websites, you gain high traffic to your blog or webpage.
2. Business Listing: A business listing is an online entry that contains your business name, address, and phone number along with other details. Local businesses can create a free local business listing on websites like Yelp, foursquare, and yellow pages.
3. Directory Submission: Directory submission in SEO is defined as the practice of submitting a website URL on various business directories or web directories under a particular category to create backlinks.
4. Classified Submissions: Classified submission is the process where you are making the world aware of your business & services. It includes the off-page SEO process business awareness and promoting websites locally and nationally.
5. Answer Submissions: Question & Answer submissions refer to the strategy which includes the task of answering the questions of the users on different Q & A submissions website/platform.
6. Document Submissions: Document submission in off-page SEO that helps to submit your website documents to build backlinks and rank keywords in search engines.
7. Video Submissions: Video submission is also known as video sharing. It gives you a way to promote your business in the form of video. It is a powerful technique of off-page SEO.
8. PPT/PDF Submissions: PDF/PPT techniques in SEO are a task done to gain backlinks from the submission website. It’s an online technique to get quality inbound links and maximize your site’s visibility in major search engines.
9. Blog Comments: Blog commenting in SEO is the process of posting comments on WebPages with backlinks to your site. Blog commenting has an important role to play for attracting traffic to your website i.e. getting visitors on to the blog or website and create a relationship with the readers or users.
10. Do follow Link: Do follow link is the descriptor of links describing that search engines crawl them and count them as votes of quality.
11. Article Submissions: Article submission in off-page SEO refers to the practice of writing an article and publishing it on a website of a third party. It is a technique of writing an article associated with your business and adding them to the famous submission directories of the article.
12. Guest Posting: Guest blogging or guest posting is the practice of writing or publishing an article on someone else’s website or blog to build relationships, exposure, and links.
Benefits of SEO:
• SEO services help you reach using search engines to find products or services.
• SEO services help you get excellent website traffic.
• SEO services allow you to improve the user experience on your site.
• SEO services help your business to develop brand awareness.
• SEO services are budget-friendly.
• SEO services help increase traffic for other strategies like Email, social media, blogs, and many more.
• SEO services help you to monitor campaign results
Why you need SEO?
• SEO builds trust & credibility:
The objective of any proficient SEO is to establish a strong base for an excellent website with quality traffic, productive user experience that is easily discoverable in search with the trust, reliability and authenticity of the brand, and its digital properties. Apart from the factors mentioned above, authority is accrued over time as a result of elements like:
• Quality backlinks profiles
• Positive user behaviour
• Machine-learning signals.
• Optimized on-page elements and content. Establishing a brand as an authority takes patience, effort, time, and commitment. But it also relies on offering a worthy, valuable and qualified product or service that allows customers to trust a brand.
• Organic search is the essential source of website traffic:
Organic search is an enormous part of most businesses’ website performance, as well as it is an important component of the buyer channel and ultimately getting users to complete the engagement.
We all know that Google is the most visited website in the world, and also the most popular email provider in the world.
We know that a clear majority of the world that has access to the internet is visiting goggle once a day to get information.
If your website is highly visible as a trusted and reliable resource by Google and any other search engines then it is always going to work in your brand’s favor. Quality SEO and high-quality websites take brand there.
• Local SEO means increased engagement, traffic, and transformations
Local search has become an elemental part of small and medium-sized businesses succeed.
Local SEO aims at optimizing your digital properties for a specific locality, so users can find you quickly and easily, putting them one step closer to a transaction.
To promote engagement on local SEO pros should optimize a brand’s knowledge graph panel, it’s Google my business listing and its social media profile as a start.
There should also be a strong emphasis on user reviews on Google as well as other reviews sites like Yelp, home advisor, and Angie’s list (among others), depending on the industry.
Today, SEO is an essential part of any business whether big or small. It presents a wealth of businesses that no other digital marketing tactic can offer. The right technique can also help you enhance your brand’s PR and move ahead of your rivalries.